Hello fellow Canadian Homebrewers! The Ale and Lager Enthusiasts ofSaskatchewan are hosting the 2012 NHC Canadian Regional Qualifier/ALESHomebrew Open competition from April 9th to 14th, 2012 at the Bushwakker Brewpub in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Not only is this the largest competition in Canada, but it is the onlyway for Canadians to advance to the National Homebrew Competition,which is the largest homebrew competition in the world. Additionally, any medals won will earn you points towards the Canadian Brewer of theYear award.
Our competition is sanctioned by the American Homebrewers Association and the Beer Judge Certification Program. Judging is conducted bycertified BJCP judges using the 2008 Style Guidelines.
If you are interested in attending as a judge/volunteer/guest, pleaseget in touch with us at email@example.com. There will be a full schedule of top notch social activities to partake in, including Brewers’ Dinners, one-off cask events, and guest speakers.
The competition is open to all 28 BJCP categories of homebrewed beer,mead and cider. Medals and prize packages are awarded to Gold, Silver and Bronze winners in each category. Prize packages consist of a wide variety of donated items from our many sponsors throughout NorthAmerica.
The major awards are:
- Best of Show – Awarded to the single best beer entry.
- Homebrewer of the Year – based on total points earned from category medals (entries must score a minimum of 30 points to count towardsHoY)
- Rookie of the Year – all first time entrants are eligible, based ontotal points earned from category medals (entries must score a minimumof 30 points to count towards RoY)
- Mead Maker of the Year – Awarded to the single best mead entry
- Cider Maker of the Year – Awarded to the single best cider entry
- Club of the Year – based on total points earned from category medals (entries must score a minimum of 30 points to count towards CoY)